Monday, April 19, 2010

Jumping on the bandwagon

I love to cook beautiful, simple, healthy food. Much of my cooking inspiration in recent months has come from food blogs. There are so many lovely blogs out there, full of recipes and pictures that could make any mouth water. Never enjoying the spotlight, I have long resisted starting my own blog. Why would anyone want to see a picture of what I'm eating for dinner? It's just this seared salmon and Greek salad I make all the time... nothing special! I live in Iowa... I can't possibly be eating anything as chic as those food bloggers in NYC/San Francisco/Boston/Minneapolis! However, the constant requests for recipes (and dinner invites) from friends, the joy I get from cooking delicious food produced right here in the heartland, and the desire to journal my own cooking (and eating!) experiences have led me to create this blog. I'm excited to finally start writing down some of my recipes and sharing them with others. I hope you enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment