Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Gleek Party Platter



I am a huge fan of the T.V. show Glee. I love everything about it! I have a couple of friends who are big fans as well, so when we can, we get together and watch the show. Last week's episode featured music from Madonna, which I knew would be amazing, and I felt this warranted a special snack: the Gleek Party Platter!

The platter consisted of white bean rosemary dip, red bell pepper strips, carrot coins, zucchini slices, and pita chips. This is one of my favorite foods to serve at parties, because if there are leftovers, then I've got a healthy snack for later!

White bean dip
1 15 oz can white cannellini beans
2 tablespoons fresh-squeezed lemon juice
3 cloves garlic, peeled
1 tablespoon fresh rosemary
2 tablespoons olive oil

Place all ingredients in food processor or blender and blend until smooth.

Instead of placing the dip in the center and piling the veggies around it (old-fashioned, in my opinion), I arranged it this way:



This does a nice job of displaying the veggies and looks so pretty.

There weren't many leftovers, and the Madonna episode of Glee was definitely fantastic!

No comments:

Post a Comment