Sunday, April 25, 2010

Dinner Party Leftovers= Brunch!



Whenever I take the time and energy to cook, I try to make sure I'll have leftovers so I can get a free, no-cook meal out of my effort. I had a few friends over for dinner last night, and although everyone ate heartily, I had plenty of leftovers to play with today. The menu included:
Mixed greens with strawberries, feta, walnuts, and balsamic vinaigrette
Rosemary focaccia
Linguine with parsley walnut pesto
Bittersweet chocolate tart

On Sundays, I like to make something special for brunch, so I always end up experimenting and cooking something new and delicious. This week's creation was simple but elegant: egg and chèvre on rosemary focaccia!
I sliced off a hunk of the focaccia and then cut it in half, so I had two slices, like a bun, and toasted it in the toaster. Then I scrambled an egg with plenty of salt and pepper in a frying pan. I spread a couple of tablespoons of chèvre on one slice of the bread, then topped with the egg and the other slice of bread. Sooooo good.



I always try to have some fruit with my breakfast, but on days I'm not feeling it, I make a smoothie. For this morning's strawberry smoothie, I used 7 cleaned, stemmed strawberries, 1 banana, 1/3 cup orange juice, 1/4 cup lemonade, and 1/3 cup ice. Blend on "frappe" in the blender for about 15 seconds.


1 comment:

  1. Oh my! That egg and chèvre on rosemary focaccia sounds like heaven. I now have a new brunch inspiration :)

    ReplyDelete