Friday, December 16, 2011

Power Hot Chocolate

Hot chocolate is one of my favorite winter treats, so when I joined Weight Watchers I knew I would need to come up with a diet-friendly version. This recipe uses enough cocoa powder to create a decadent chocolate flavor, but is sugar free. I have been drinking this almost every night.

Power Hot Chocolate
1.5 cups skim milk
1.5 T unsweetened cocoa powder
Peppermint candy cane (for garnish), optional

Place all ingredients except candy cane in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. Stir until mixture is hot and cocoa powder is fully incorporated. If desired, garnish with a candy cane and allow it to melt into the cocoa to make peppermint cocoa.

*If you don't have syrup, you can use a packet of Splenda and a teaspoon of vanilla extract.

No comments:

Post a Comment