Sunday, March 6, 2011

Baked French Fries with Old Bay Mayo Dipping Sauce


These are the best fries. Seriously. I saw the recipe a long time ago on the Oprah show and I have been making these fries ever since. They are super easy and always seem to turn out right. Here I have featured the "plain" version of these fries, but they are delicious seasoned many different ways. Many people like fries seasoned with Lawry's seasoned salt. They are also great sprinkled with malt vinegar, which is the way the British eat their fries.

I season these fries in many different ways and use many different dippers with them, depending on my mood, but my favorite dipper is definitely Old Bay Mayo. I first tried this at a restaurant in Washington, D.C. called the Good Stuff Eatery. The menu consists mostly of burgers, fries and shakes, but they are the most incredible burgers, fries and shakes you will ever eat! I remember actually having dreams about the food I ate there for weeks after the fact. Anyway, whenever I feel like a calorie splurge with my fries, I make this sauce and remember my great meal in D.C.

Baked French Fries
2 lb russet or Yukon gold potatoes, julienned
1/4 cup olive oil
salt and pepper to taste

Preheat oven to 375 degrees. Coat a baking sheet with nonstick cooking spray. Place all ingredients in a Ziploc bag and shake to coat potatoes evenly. Spread potatoes in a single layer on baking sheet and bake for 45 minutes or until edges are golden brown and crispy.

Old Bay Mayo
2 T mayonnaise
1 t Old Bay seasoning

Place ingredients in a small bowl and mix thoroughly.

No comments:

Post a Comment