Sunday, October 23, 2011

Fruit and yogurt breakfast bowl

I have been eating this, or a variation of it, every day for about a month. In addition to being nutritious, fast, and filling, it's got a great combination of flavors that leave you feeling as though you had a huge meal. You can vary the fruit and nuts according to what you've got on hand, what's in season, or what's on sale. In the picture above, I used a couple of different heirloom plums. I usually use chopped apples, peaches, plums, or berries, but there are probably lots of other fruits that would taste good here. Also, if using plain yogurt and flavoring it with your own vanilla and honey seems too complicated, you can use store-bought vanilla yogurt. I always buy plain because it's cheaper and I use it for a lot of different things, so I never have vanilla yogurt around. Also, if you like salt and sweet together, you'll love this bowl with salted nuts.

Fruit and yogurt breakfast bowl
1 cup plain, unflavored yogurt
1 t vanilla
1 t honey
1 cup chopped fruit
1/4 cup nuts

Mix yogurt and vanilla together in bowl. Drizzle honey on top of yogurt. Top with chopped fruit and nuts.



No comments:

Post a Comment